"If for Any Reason" Courtney Walsh Book Birthday!

Happy Book Birthday to Courtney Walsh!

Lucky to have received an ARC from her publisher!
See my review link below!


Romance, clean; mild faith elements
More of a 4.5 for me as a reader. Emily story, her past, present, and we get a glimpse at her new future, is a sweet, introspective, romantic lovely read. Her past with her mother, grandparents and the bits of her father that she knows, collide in the present when secrets start coming to light. Second chances for many people. Hollis' worries with regard to his daughter, his want for Emily, lovely, hurting, wondering, and romantic as the tender, soft spoken, and kind man is trying to figure out his present after bumbling his past as he navigated his career as a professional baseball player. His parents' tender, romantic and family center marriage is an example to both Hollis and Emily. Strong characters, beautifully peaceful setting, and moving backstories for both MC's made this a strong read for me.
As a house is renovated, and a play is scheduled, they both find bits of themselves, fix the present, and create a lovely future for themselves. Time is the best gift of all, and the words expressed by the heart so lovely to see as they heal the bitter wounds of Emily and Hollis' pasts and weave their hearts together.
Lovely, cathartic, reflective, beautifully romantic read, and gorgeous setting on Nantucket, I think this is one of my favorite books I have ever read of C.W.'s. Truly a masterfully created story that will resonate in your heart for a long time after reading it. I know I will re-read this to savor this story and gather bits I missed on my first voracious read through. Hard to put down, and definitely wanting more of this story. It was hard to stop turning the pages.
I received an ARC from the Publisher via NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review. My opinions are my own. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The Indebted Earl" by Erica Vetsch

"A Proper Scoundrel" by Esther Hatch

"A Waterfront Wedding" a Heart's Landing Novel Book 3 by Leigh Duncan