"Love in Disguise" by Anneka R. Walker

 Love in Disguise

Anneka R. Walker

GoodReads Review


⭐⭐⭐⭐

Romance, clean; period romance


Marion and William's story was a lovely read. I do feel the first 2/3 of the novel was much stronger for me as a reader. The ending felt just slightly rushed. I think I would have wanted a bit more of them after all the dancing around each other that they did.  
Still, this was a lovely, sweet, novel. The romance and characters so very vividly portrayed.  Told from alternating points of view, it was truly fun to read their perceptions, moments, worries, thoughts, and sweet fall for each other from each of their perspectives.  The settings, characters and plot were well-drawn.
I do have one peeve, I don't think they would have put Marion in the bridal room with the connecting door prior to them being married, but that is just me. It was lovely seeing them both learn to see each other for who they really were, William a little sooner with his subterfuge early in the novel, and them both as they fell for each other as William worked through his grief, pain and concerns.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The Indebted Earl" by Erica Vetsch

"A Proper Scoundrel" by Esther Hatch

"A Waterfront Wedding" a Heart's Landing Novel Book 3 by Leigh Duncan