"Rakes and Roses" Josi S. Kilpack

Mayfield Family Book 3 
Proper Romance

 


 ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Romance, clean, period; series, but stand alone read


I think this is my favorite of all of this series. I know some readers may fault Harry's strength as a character, but I loved it! I loved how he was brought to his knees, how Lord Damion plays a part, and Lady Sabrina. Loved all the staff, the mystery surrounding Lord Damion and Harry's creditors. 


Saving Harry, Harry's recovery, and his rebirth as a new 'man', able to overcome his weaknesses, the person responsible for betraying him, so many twists and turns, but Lady Sabrina's tough love, kind care, and her growing feelings for this reborn man who softens her heart towards gentleman again (does she need a man?) as he values her for her and for herself, without guile, repairing her hurt heart and helping her 'live' again without fear, reprisals, and with hope for a future that isn't alone was a lovely read.


I received a copy from the publisher via NetGalley for a fair and honest review. My opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The Indebted Earl" by Erica Vetsch

"Is It Any Wonder: A Nantucket Love Story" by Courtney Walsh

"In Harm's Way" by Traci Hunter Abramson